Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Raw cacao and date balls

These are so easy to make you have to try. And all you need is a food processor and maybe 5 minutes? These are quick to make! I have a cute little food processor that was super cheap and works great for just what I need.

Dates are naturally so sweet there is no added sweeteners in this recipe, yay! And raw cacao powder is amazing. Normal cocoa powder in shops has been processed and heated at high temperatures. Raw cacao powder on the other hand is full of antioxidants, magnesium and gives you a kick of energy. You can find it health shops or online stores like iherb.com.

You can't go wrong with making these, I don't have any set amounts of the ingredients. Just go with what I think is good and add more of something if I want. Tasting along the way is my secret to all the things I do. I start with about 8 pitted dates, a small handful of nuts and probably a tablespoon of raw cacao powder. Other great additions are lucuma powder (another great superfood from south america) and goji berries.

Dates
Nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts.. whatever you want!)
Raw cacao powder
Coconut

Take the pits out of the dates and mix everything in the food processor. It will be a sticky mixture, so sometimes it helps to crush the nuts first if you want a less chunky texture. Roll into balls and then roll in coconut. Keep them in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment