Saturday, April 14, 2012

Broccoli salad

Time to eat some raw broccoli!

We had this for lunch the other day and with dinner tonight. I love new ways of eating raw veggies. I used mayonnaise that I had made myself (check my last post!) and the apple in the salad makes it really nice. I never used to like fruits in salad but apple is such a good addition in creamy salads like this.

1 head of broccoli
1 apple
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1 tbls raw apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1 handful of alfalfa sprouts

Chop up broccoli into small pieces. I used the stems and cut them into small pieces as well. Add apples that have been cut into small pieces, thinly sliced onion rings and alfalfa sprouts. Mix together with mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar. Add a little salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment